Interesting People mailing list archives

Re: Sen. Charles Grassley suggested AIG executives should take a Japanese approach

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 15:32:46 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Mary Shaw <mary.shaw () gmail com>
Date: March 17, 2009 12:49:16 PM EDT
To: dave () farber net
Subject: Re: [IP] Sen. Charles Grassley suggested AIG executives should take a Japanese approach

The news says AIG says they have to pay the bonuses to keep these guys in place to sort out the convoluted accounting they created.

How about we convict them of gross negligence and reckless disregard, then sentence them to stay in place and sort it out -- earning a salary equal to the average salary of the victims of their recklessness -- including all the unemployed ones?

Mary Shaw