Interesting People mailing list archives

IMPORTANT -- AT&T voicemail not populating to visual voicemail within days

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 16:46:24 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Glenn S. Tenney" <tenney () think org>
Date: June 30, 2009 3:26:06 PM EDT
To: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Subject: AT&T voicemail not populating to visual voicemail within days

(for IP if you wish)

I've been having a visual voicemail problem for the past 2-3 weeks
where I'd call my own AT&T number and hear that I had several unheard
messages (from 1-4 days ago!) that weren't listed on my iPhone's
visual voicemail.

I just spent 1.5 hours on the phone with AT&T level 1, a supervisor,
then level 2 support only to find out: Level 2 support tells me that
this is a known issue, has been known since before the 3GS came out
and potentially applies to all iPhones -- 1st generation iPhones with
V2.x OS as well as 3G and 3GS phones and v3.x OS.

Yes, potentially every iPhone in the entire USA might be experiencing
(this is what the level 2 person told me) delays (of days) in having
voicemail populate to your visual voicemail.  Their ONLY suggested
"workaround" is to press and hold the "1" key which calls your own cell
phone and goes into the regular voicemail system and listen to hear if
you have any unheard messages.

It boggles my mind that (a) this has been going on for weeks in the
entire country, and (b) that level 1 support knew nothing about it.

--
Glenn Tenney CISSP CISM