Interesting People mailing list archives

cebook hacked and no avenue for redress ALL fixed

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 11:40:55 -0500

Begin forwarded message:

From: Chris Kelly <ckelly () facebook com>
Date: January 15, 2009 11:34:41 AM EST
To: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Subject: Re: [IP] cebook hacked and no avenue for redress

I should add that this is fine to pass along to IP...

Thx,

ck

On 1/15/09 8:23 AM, "Chris Kelly" <ckelly () facebook com> wrote:

Hi Dave,

We have disabled the account for the time being and I’ve reached out directly to Mark to make sure he gets it back soon. Our security team has begun work on the account data to try to pinpoint the perpetrators and depending on the relevant jurisdiction will be working with law enforcement to track them down.

--Chris