Interesting People mailing list archives

An update on Pittsburgh Comcast DOCSiS 3.0 installation

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 09:02:04 -0500

I am told that the DOCSIS 3.0 modem device is in final certification testing and that as part of the upgrade , substantial capacity was added to the network, which is part of the reason why the speeds were increased. In addition they seem now , at least on my facility, to be using acceleration tricks .

Stay tunes when I get an upgraded modem (soon I hope) Till then the significantly increased speed is nice MORE MORE. Dave