Interesting People mailing list archives

Re: REVISION re: Amtrak photo contestant arrested...for taking pictures of... Trains!

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 08:13:36 -0500

Begin forwarded message:

From: Jim Warren <jwarren () well com>
Date: January 4, 2009 6:27:30 PM EST
To: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Cc: Paul Saffo <paul () saffo com>
Subject: REVISION re: [IP] Amtrak photo contestant arrested...for taking pictures of... Trains!

I just forwarded the following tidbit - from Paul Saffo via Dave Farber's IP list - to you folks:

... you just can't make this stuff up... an Amtrak photo contestant in the annual Amtrak "Picture Our Trains" contest is arrested by Amtrak Police for taking a picture of... you guessed it!!

http://carlosmiller.com/2008/12/27/amtrak-police-arrest-photographer-participating-in-amtrak-photo-contest/

Amtrak photo contestant arrested by Amtrak police in NYC's Penn StationDecember 27th, 2008

But then I found access to it was "Forbidden" with a 303 error-code!

So I asked Paul for any other source, and he pointed me to http://fergdawg.blogspot.com/ which DOES carry at least part of Carlos Miller's article as the 6th 1/4/09 item in the blog - along with lots MORE stuff that's even MORE "disturbing"!

But now - NOW! - I find that that the carlosmiller.com line above, that was "Forbidden" (to me and two of the folks who responded to my initial message) is again AVAILABLE. At least as of 3:24 pm Pacific time today.

Nice thing about the net - it's REAL hard to censor content, once it has appeared ANYplace. ;-)

--jim