Interesting People mailing list archives

Re: Announcing GCTIP - New Forums for Internet Transparency, Performance, and ISP Issues

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 03:48:43 -0500

Begin forwarded message:

From: Lauren Weinstein <lauren () vortex com>
Date: February 16, 2009 10:08:07 PM EST
To: Brett Glass <brett () lariat net>
Cc: dave () farber net, ip <ip () v2 listbox com>, Vint Cerf <vint () google com>
Subject: Re: [IP] Announcing GCTIP - New Forums for Internet Transparency, Performance, and ISP Issues

Brett,

I mean this seriously -- I'd welcome your discussing this on the
Forums, and feel free to point whomever you want at the resulting
threads.  Measurement tools researchers have been tending to
work in isolation from each other, and from ISPs, and I really
do think that open discussion of related issues is important.
The more technical specificity you can bring to the table the
better of course.  As I stated, I *am* concerned that measurement
tools can be misused in various ways, either accidentally or
purposely, or simply through bad design and network interactions.

I'd welcome threads relating to your hands-on experiences
in this regard.

--Lauren--