Interesting People mailing list archives

Legislative Diffs: Compare versions of the stimulus bills side-by-side

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 08:38:06 -0500

Begin forwarded message:

From: Joseph Lorenzo Hall <joehall () gmail com>
Date: February 10, 2009 7:57:22 AM EST
To: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Subject: Legislative Diffs: Compare versions of the stimulus bills side-by-side

GovTrack.us has just catalyzed a phase transition in open government.

They've published a tool that allows comparing versions of federal
legislation side-by-side (essentially a very usable type of "diff").
The email below from GovTrack's Josh Tauberer shows off this feature
by using it to compare the two different versions of the bailout bill.
Very cool! best, Joe