Interesting People mailing list archives

Facebook's FriendFeed coup and Huffington

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 10:02:30 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: bucquero () msu edu
Date: August 18, 2009 7:49:48 AM EDT
To: dave () farber net
Cc: ip <ip () v2 listbox com>
Subject: Re: [IP] Re:   Facebook's FriendFeed coup

In this regard, Huffington Post just launched its social networking site. Much to my horror, I found that the home page lists the articles all of my friends have visited or commented on. Unless I delete my membership altogether, this means I will change my viewing habits immediately. No more peeks at the latest news on Michael Jackson's death. Only serious article visits for me from now on - and that will hurt Huffpo in its ad revenue.

Bonnie Bucqueroux