Interesting People mailing list archives

4G Wireless WiMAX Coming to Silicon Valley....Finally

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sun, 5 Apr 2009 08:14:57 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: dewayne () warpspeed com (Dewayne Hendricks)
Date: April 3, 2009 10:03:42 PM EDT
To: Dewayne-Net Technology List <xyzzy () warpspeed com>
Subject: [Dewayne-Net] 4G Wireless WiMAX Coming to Silicon Valley....Finally

4G Wireless WiMAX Coming to Silicon Valley….Finally
Om Malik
Thursday, April 2, 2009 | 10:04 AM PT
<http://gigaom.com/2009/04/02/4g-wireless-wimax-coming-to-silicon-valleyfinally/ >

WiMAX, at least in Silicon Valley, is like the proverbial Loch Ness Monster — it’s out there somewhere. We’ve heard about it, we’ve talked about it, but we’ve never actually used it. Meanwhile the rest of the planet, especially the emerging markets, are already happily dabbling with WiMAX. Well, that changes today. Clearwire has announced a new initiative called the WiMAX Innovation Network that will bring 4G wireless services to the Silicon Valley campuses of companies including Google and Intel using core Internet Protocol Next- Generation Network (IP NGN) infrastructure equipment from Cisco.

[snip]RSS Feed: <http://www.warpspeed.com/wordpress>