Interesting People mailing list archives

Answers From Hoogle re:-- Re: A question about Google and Google voice

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 10:18:22 -0400

[It is worth commenting that IF Google in fact does not store calls, or monitor and obeys the "law" -- several Telecom companies are claimed not to do so, then I have to ask just why they are providing Voice services? I assume that they and others intend someday to "scan" calls looking for information that can be used for advertising/product directing services. If I am wrong, then will someone outline the economics for me. djf ]

Begin forwarded message: