Interesting People mailing list archives

Video of the session at CERT Technical Symposium on 10 March -- Reinventing the Internet - Can We and How Would We?

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2009 06:54:20 -0400

mms://wms.andrew.cmu.edu/001/CERT1_Session3.wmv

Reinventing the Internet - Can We and How Would We?

It has been said that no one engineered the Internet; rather it was cobbled together over time to address real and emerging needs. That cobbling built on the work of those who laid the foundations and necessarily required compromises to maintain compatibility. This panel will explore the hard problems challenging the Internet as we know it today, what we might do differently and how best to realize the next evolution of the Internet. The panelists have been asked to address what they see as the security challenges that must be addressed to ensure the continued viability of the Internet and how best to respond to those challenges.

Moderator: David Farber, Distinguished Career Professor of Computer Science and Public Policy

Panelists: Steve Crocker, CEO of Shinkuro, Inc.
Larry Roberts, Chairman of Anagran, Inc.
Paul Mockapetris, Chief Scientist and Chairman of the Board at Nominum, Inc. Guru Parulkar, Executive Director of the Clean Slate Internet Design Program and Consulting