Interesting People mailing list archives

Re: DO READ Quickie Privacy Analysis of Google's New "Chrome" Web Browser

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2008 11:20:44 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Victor Marks" <victormarks () gmail com>
Date: September 4, 2008 10:38:02 AM EDT
To: dave () farber net
Subject: Re: [IP] Re: DO READ Quickie Privacy Analysis of Google's New "Chrome" Web Browser

Dave, friends,

Google has updated the TOS.

http://tapthehive.s483.sureserver.com/chrome.html

"UPDATE: At about 4:00PM EST, I've received the following note:
Here's an official response from Rebecca Ward, Senior Product Counsel
for Google Chrome:

"In order to keep things simple for our users, we try to use the same
set of legal terms (our Universal Terms of Service) for many of our
products. Sometimes, as in the case of Google Chrome, this means that
the legal terms for a specific product may include terms that don't
apply well to the use of that product. We are working quickly to
remove language from Section 11 of the current Google Chrome terms of
service. This change will apply retroactively to all users who have
downloaded Google Chrome.""

and the new terms:

11. Content license from you

11.1 You retain copyright and any other rights you already hold in
Content which you submit, post or display on or through, the Services.

12. Software updates ...

Regards,
Victor Marks