Interesting People mailing list archives

Re: Interesting comment on bailout plan

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 09:35:31 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Tom Gray <tom_gray_grc () yahoo com>
Date: September 26, 2008 7:41:41 AM EDT
To: dave () farber net
Subject: Re: [IP] Re:   Interesting comment on bailout plan

Peof Fardr

Reading the text below makes me wonder if people realize the significance of what is going on. Credit is drying up. Even sound businesses are not being able to access bank credit and whn they can their lines of credit are being restricted. The businesses are sound but they are having difficulty making payroll. So if the crisis is ignored and the credit system collapses, we can, following Krugman's example, all blame the government, Wall Street bankers or just someone else not us. This will bring great comfort to the millions that will lose their jobs and pensions.

Tom Gray