Interesting People mailing list archives

Re: A Robot Network Seeks to Enlist Your Computer - NYTimes.com

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 20:18:22 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Suresh Ramasubramanian <suresh () hserus net>
Date: October 22, 2008 8:54:02 AM EDT
To: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Cc: rsk () gsp org
Subject: Re: [IP] Re: A Robot Network Seeks to Enlist Your Computer - NYTimes.com

Communication gap here. The article is (though the reporter may not quite realize it) talking about the size of an individual botnet, not the total
number of botted hosts in the world (whose number is legion..)

I wrote a paper on it earlier this year -
http://www.itu.int/ITU-D/cyb/cybersecurity/docs/itu-botnet-mitigation-toolkit-background.pdf

        srs

David Farber [22/10/08 08:38 -0400]:

Begin forwarded message: