Interesting People mailing list archives

A non-partisan election request

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 03:01:28 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Ed Lazowska <lazowska () cs washington edu>
Date: October 20, 2008 10:56:04 PM EDT
To: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Cc: Ed Lazowska <lazowska () cs washington edu>
Subject: A non-partisan election request

Dave,

There's an organization called A Vote For Science that's soliciting short YouTube videos from scientists and engineers explaining how (and why) they're planning to vote in the coming Presidential election -- certainly one of the most important in recent history.

I'd like to encourage IP subscribers to participate. I did it -- I found it challenging and worthwhile. (Vint Cerf did it too -- he got Slashdotted and it blew his viewership through the roof!)

To see some of the videos, go to:

http://www.youtube.com/AVoteForScience

To participate:

- Prepare a video

- Upload it to YouTube

- Tag it with "AVoteForScience" and the crew there will find it and include it

To evaluate (and grade, if you wish) the candidates' responses to the 14 questions posed by Science Debate 2008, go to:

http://sciencedebate2008.com/vote/?cat=5