Interesting People mailing list archives

Re: Obama's FCC team & Wired/Wireless

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2008 16:11:43 -0500

Begin forwarded message:

From: David Lassner <david () hawaii edu>
Date: November 15, 2008 3:44:21 PM EST
To: Brett Glass <brett () lariat net>
Cc: Dewayne Hendricks <dewayne () warpspeed com>, David Farber <dave () farber net >
Subject: Re: [IP] Obama's FCC team & Wired/Wireless

Sorry if my use of the word "plea" was offensive. It was not my intention to deprecate you and your colleagues, but merely to point out that people working on supersonic carriers are not necessarily against cars either -- they're just working on another part of our integrated transportation problem.

Speaking personally, I am a strong supporter of spectrum reform, level playing fields and "wired and wireless" strategies. Susan Crawford would have to speak for herself (and I suspect she's a little busy for that right now:-). But my interest in promoting more shared infrastructure fiber is not an exclusive strategy. And I expect it would benefit you and your colleagues and customers if the WISP community had non-discriminatory access to fiber infrastructure to support your business as well.

best, david