Interesting People mailing list archives

dreaming of IP Get out and vote

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 08:46:29 -0500

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Tom Fairlie" <tfairlie () frontiernet net>
Date: November 4, 2008 8:06:19 AM EST
To: <dave () farber net>
Cc: "Esther Dyson" <edyson () edventure com>
Subject: Re: [IP] Get out and vote

Dave,

I am on my way right now. :-)

BTW, I am a person who has rich, vibrant dreams every night of the week and I remember most of them. Some are awesome, some horrible, and a few have predicted the future (just a random chance obviously, given the odds).

Last night, I had a dream where you and I and a small bunch of IPers (and
a few non-IPers) were having a pow-wow in a small room in a downtown
Chicago building. Suddenly, I remembered that I hadn't contacted Esther Dyson in a while (go figure, since we've never met :-), so I went to her apartment
and invited her to your meeting.

She cautiously came (in my dream, she didn't know you) and wound up
having a marvelous time. After your meeting, most of us stood around
chatting for the longest time, each reveling, I guess, in such good company.

Not exactly a clear or compelling dream, I admit, but I wanted to share it with you because I think the point of it was to remind me how vital (and *interesting*) it is to read IP every day. Thank you so much for delivering
it to us.

Tom Fairlie

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Farber" <dave () farber net>