Interesting People mailing list archives

Re: Editors note incl. Dangerous Precedence Set - Federal Criminal Charges for Violation of Commercial Online ToS?

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2008 12:54:02 -0500

Begin forwarded message:

From: Armando Stettner <aps () ieee org>
Date: November 29, 2008 12:34:36 PM EST
To: dave () farber net
Cc: "ip" <ip () v2 listbox com>
Subject: Re: [IP] Re: Editors note incl. Dangerous Precedence Set - Federal Criminal Charges for Violation of Commercial Online ToS?

For IP'ers, if you wish.

"This is, in fact, a very good thing." "The statute is fair in that the person can't becharged for causing a "de minimus" loss or injury." Really?

How about requiring that network providers of services purporting to offer 'life-line' capabilities implement robust-enough networks such that otherwise morally-OK and technically feasible usage doesn't adversely affect such services?

  armando

Begin forwarded message: