Interesting People mailing list archives

Re: Comcast Considering 250GB Cap, Overage Fees

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2008 07:35:52 -0700

From: lynn [lynn () ecgincc com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 07, 2008 10:19 AM
To: David Farber
Cc: imhopper () gmail com
Subject: Re: [IP] Re:  Comcast Considering 250GB Cap, Overage Fees

I disagree about the rest of the world. Asia has much more widespread
access, and better than the US. I'm not sure of the cost.

Further, as more and more information, applications, etc goes online, the
limit will likely cause many issues or costs.

If I purchase a movie view from Comcast (on demand) will that count in
their limit? I doubt it. This creates a huge disadvantage for any Comcast
competitor.

As to the truth from Comcast, they have been caught in so many untruths
that it's difficult to believe them. I think it's very possible this is a
fishing (not phishing) expedition for reaction before makiking a decision.
Unfortunately the majority of people will have no idea how this will
effect them, so will stay silent.

Lynn