Interesting People mailing list archives

Re: Ok guys and girls -- just who is telling the truth. WORTH READING

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sat, 24 May 2008 11:33:46 -0700

From: Tony Lauck [tlauck () madriver com]
Sent: Saturday, May 24, 2008 10:43 AM
To: David Farber
Subject: Re: [IP] Re:    Ok guys and girls -- just who is telling the truth.

Perhaps it has been too long since I looked at the specifications,
but I seem to recall that the RST packet is defined in the TCP
specification and that TCP is not part of the *network* layer. This
makes it rather hard for me to believe that an RST packet can be an
announcement by the *network* of anything whatsoever.

If I find Comcast or anyone else (with deep pockets) forging my
encrypted packets, I will sue them with all of my available resources.

Tony Lauck
https://www.aglauck.com

David Farber wrote:
Sorry for the misumderstanding of what Comcast said -- I heard STOP
not stop someday real soon djf  (they need better communictions)