Interesting People mailing list archives

WaPo: The Flight Watchmen

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2008 07:39:31 -0700

From: Richard Forno [rforno () infowarrior org]
Sent: Saturday, June 21, 2008 9:09 AM
To: Infowarrior List
Cc: David Farber
Subject: WaPo: The Flight Watchmen

A big about TSA, sky marshals, and passenger aviation security from
tomorrow's WashPo Magazine section. Not sure how sexed-up this is
compared to reality, but thought it worthy enough to post.

The Flight Watchmen
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/06/19/AR2008061902627_pf.html

The mantra of these folks?

"We cannot be wrong. We have to be right."

While a well-meaning and emotional goal in light of a national
tragedy, I fear this Policy of Constant Worry (tm)  -- reminiscent of
the flawed 'One Percent Doctrine' espoused by Dick Cheney -- creates
more noise, fear, paranoia and overall trouble than it's worth, no
matter HOW well-intentioned it may be.

-rf