Interesting People mailing list archives

Future of Trust in Computing

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 14:11:46 -0700

From: Hoffman, David Legal [david.legal.hoffman () intel com]
Sent: Monday, June 02, 2008 12:16 PM
To: David Farber
Cc: Vishik, Claire
Subject: Intel post for IP list

Prof. Farber-

Intel has been asked by some government officials, and advocacy groups to bring together an open dialogue of trusted
computing.   We are investing in this by hosting a conference in Berlin next month.   We would like to get the word out
broadly to academics and advocacy groups, and thought your IP list would be a great vehicle.  Would you mind posting
this?

Best regards-

David Hoffman

The conference" Future of Trust in Computing" takes place in Berlin on June 30th-July 2nd 2008. Participants include
academics, industry, consumer advocacy organizations, and regulators from Asia, Europe, and North America. The
conference has a technology track focusing on current and future trust-related technologies, including Privacy
Enhancing Technologies,  and a policy track, focusing on policy challenges, privacy, assurance issues, and economics
associated with building consumers' trust in digital economy. Some of the participants include Alexander Dix (Berlin
DPA), Eric Skinner (CTO of Entrust), Christopher Kuner (President of EPOF), Dr. Yamaguchi (head of NISC, Japan),
Giusella Finocchiaro (University of Bologna and ENISA PSG), Peter Kosmala (Assistant Director IAPP), Robert Thibadeau
(Chief Technologist, Seagate), Janne Uusilehto (Head of Product Security, Nokia), James Fazey (CESG, UK), Scott Rotondo
(Sun, President of TCG), David Hoffman (Director of Privacy and Policy, Intel), Danielle Pradelles( Head of EMEA
Privacy, HP), and many others.

For more information, program,  and to register, please visit www.tc-conference.com<file://www.tc-conference.com>.
Early bird rates are valid until May 20th only!

Paper submissions are welcome. Extended abstract is required by May 25th; we hope to publish full papers for accepted
abstracts in Proceedings after the conference.