Interesting People mailing list archives

Clarification -- Re: Re: Repression in Austria over PGP keys

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 12:06:29 -0700

From: Richard Forno [rforno () infowarrior org]
Sent: Thursday, July 10, 2008 2:06 PM
To: David Farber
Cc: ip; sjmanning () fymc com
Subject: Clarification -- Re: [IP] Re:   Repression in Austria over PGP keys

Dave,

A clarification to you and your readers is called for regarding Steven
Manning's comment about an item I posted to the IP list yesterday.
Steven apparently does not realize that I did NOT write the article
--- I made no judgment call about the content of the article, but
merely passed it along to IP as a possible item of interest to your
readers.

I resent the accusation by Steven that those are my words.  As you and
others know, were I to pen an article, it would be published under my
own name and posted on my own website -- and not through the veneer of
bloggish anonymity.  If he has problems with the article's content,
may I suggest he contact 'Anonymous' on the site cited in the article
link to voice his concerns and not blame the messenger.   Indeed, as
Steven says, homework is indispensable.

Thanks for making this known to your readers,

Rick