Interesting People mailing list archives

Security

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 20:36:36 -0500

------ Forwarded Message
From: Dan Lynch <dan () lynch com>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 10:34:17 -0800
To: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Conversation: Security
Subject: Security

Dave, the babbling going on about botnets is all over the place. We old farts know that the Orange Book of long ago was the path to security and has been ignored by almost everyone. Mostly by the manufacturers because it would mean tossing everything and freezing sales for years. Spaf knows this deeply and is probably tired of repeating himself... We will never have security until we start over (As I have endlessly said to deaf audiences djf)
.  Not a pretty story.

Dan

Tel. 707-967-0203   Cell  650-776-7313
My assistant is Dori Kirk   Tel. 707-255-7094  dori () lynch com

------ End of Forwarded Message