Interesting People mailing list archives

Re: CSIS Commission on Cyber Security "Securing Cyberspace for the 44th Presidency" report published

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 10:40:51 -0500

Begin forwarded message:

From: Suresh Ramasubramanian <suresh () hserus net>
Date: December 11, 2008 8:47:15 AM EST
To: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Cc: jbrenton () austin rr com
Subject: Re: [IP] CSIS Commission on Cyber Security "Securing Cyberspace for the 44th Presidency" report published

Meanwhile here's another interesting paper on the malware economy -
commissioned by the ITU, and written by Professors Johannes Bauer of MSU
and Michel van Eeten of TU-Delft (with other authors cited).

Financial Aspects of Network Security: Malware and Spam
<http://www.itu.int/ITU-D/cyb/cybersecurity/docs/itu-study-financial-aspects-of-malware-and-spam.pdf >

This appears to be a followup on a related study by the authors, that was
part of the excellent OECD / APECTEL joint work on malware
ministerial brief at <http://www.oecd.org/dataoecd/53/34/40724457.pdf>

Well worth a read. I had an opportunity to review some early drafts of
Bauer and van Eeten's work and it was impressive. The authors were kind
enough to thank me and ITU's Bob Shaw for the reviews, in the intro to this
paper.

        srs

David Farber [11/12/08 08:27 -0500]:

Begin forwarded message: