Interesting People mailing list archives

Re: Facebook OK for certain legal uses in Australia (being served)

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 21:16:19 -0500

Begin forwarded message:

From: Carl Malamud <carl () media org>
Date: December 16, 2008 8:06:49 PM EST
To: dave () farber net
Subject: Re: [IP] Facebook OK for certain legal uses in Australia (being served)

I think Facebook is a fine vehicle for service of process if you can prove you made the delivery. If you ask them to friend you and they accept, that seems as good as having a marshall go to the door.

You'll note that though Facebook was approved as the delivery mechanism in this story, it proved unsuccessful because they were unable to do the round trip.