Interesting People mailing list archives

Re: who ORCHESTRATED the well-timed Wright-wing attack on Obama?!

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 15:40:57 -0700

From: Robert Siegel [rob () casasiegel com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 29, 2008 6:26 PM
To: David Farber
Subject: RE: [IP] who ORCHESTRATED the well-timed Wright-wing attack on Obama?!

Dave,

How about this:

The Obama campaign, knowing that it is having trouble "closing the deal" and
also that the Republicans will hit the Wright issue hard in the Fall if
Obama is nominated, orchestrates the whole Wright speaking tour so that
Obama can strongly distance himself and thus look like a strong leader (he
was pretty unequivocable today on where he stood).

The Obama campaign would certainly have the contacts and capabilities to
accomplish the items suggested below.

If we are going to ask the questions as stated in the original thread, let's
not rule out all potential coordinators.  The above is as plausible
(moreso?) than Karl Rove helping Wright get a speaking engagement at the
NAACP.

Best.

Rpb

Robert Siegel