Interesting People mailing list archives

"Intel Alumni Network"

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2008 12:52:16 -0700

From: Bruce Schechter [bruce () schechter com]
Sent: Saturday, April 26, 2008 2:07 PM
To: David Farber
Cc: Suzanne Johnson
Subject: "Intel Alumni Network"

Hi Dave,

Perhaps you’ll recall that we met several times at Intel in the early 90’s, when I was working for Dave House and I
occasionally organized “External Perspective” seminars to give Intel Execs new views from leaders outside Intel’s
normal sphere of interests.  I remember you being an active audience member on occasion.  Perhaps it was Les Vadez who
invited you to those events.   I have been an avid IP reader ever since, BTW.   And, a couple years ago, we met again
at one of the Stanford EE380 lectures.  (At that time I was, by far, the oldest student in Stanford’s MS CS program,
and I finished that degree last June at the spry young age of 49.  Never worked so hard in my life!)

Suzanne Johnson told me she talked to you recently about the Intel Alumni Network.  Suzanne reminded me that you were a
“blue badge” Intel employee at one point in the distant past, thus we’d be thrilled to have you join our group!

Any ex-Intel employee can join at no cost via http://intelalumni.org<http://intelalumni.org/> , and upon joining they
have access to a member roster, discussion forums, and calendar of events (all hosted on a social networking site
called www.bigtent.com<http://www.bigtent.com/> , which is tuned for large group organizations like ours.)   We opened
for registration on Feb 2, ‘08, and within a month registered over 500 members and now have 900 members from all over
the world, simply through viral distribution.  We held a kick-off social event in March at the Computer History Museum
here in Silicon Valley, which drew in a quite a group.   Of particular interest to me is that we have a good dose of
the influential folks from early Intel days within our membership.  Our organization is providing a great way for many
of these folks to reconnect after many years.

Finally, if you see fit, you are welcome to forward this message to your IP distribution.  I suspect there may be
significant number of Intel Alumni among that crowd.

Thanks,
Bruce

Bruce Schechter | bruce () schechter com | http://www.linkedin.com/in/bruceschechter