Interesting People mailing list archives

Merccurynews report on Stanford hearing

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 08:20:46 -0700

From: Richard Bennett [richard () bennett com]
Sent: Friday, April 18, 2008 11:13 AM
To: David Farber
Subject: Re: [IP] Merccurynews report on Stanford hearing

Facts are facts, David Reed. Chairman Martin mistreated Comcast at the Berkman Center circus, and as a result Comcast
has declined to participate further. And given the goings-on at the Standford Circus, they were very wise.

There are those among us who seem to belief that cheap histrionics make sound policy. I tend to disagree.

And on a factual note, I don't mention any commissioners but the chairman, and I think my criticism of his bullying
Comcast at the Berkman Center is justified. In fact, the very decision to hold a hearing in that reality distortion
zone is dubious, and the decision to go into Lessig's snake pit even worse.

RB