Interesting People mailing list archives

Re: WORTH READING -- Study Gives High Marks to U.S. Internet - New York Times

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 11:44:46 -0700

From: David P. Reed [dpreed () reed com]
Sent: Thursday, April 17, 2008 2:28 PM
To: David Farber
Cc: ip
Subject: Re: [IP] Re:    WORTH READING -- Study Gives High Marks to U.S. Internet - New York Times

I've already had the NYT article on the report quoted back to me by
senior policymakers on the Hill as an argument that the need for
improved high speed Internet deployment the US is just not important.

While I don't want to compare my friend John Markoff with Judy Miller, I
think the paper of record should be careful not to become a shill for PR
from Davos or any other propaganda machine.

It's too late for deeper analysis. The NYT has spoken, and everything is
fine.