Interesting People mailing list archives

iPhone Re-Reviewed (Verdict: Don't Buy) - Gizmodo

From: David Farber <dfarber () cs cmu edu>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 17:25:21 -0400

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/iphone/iphone-re+reviewed-verdict-dont- buy-302075.php

<snip>

At Mossberg's All Things D conference, Jobs mentioned that the thing Apple wasn't good at, compared to MSFT, was the ability to work with partners. Some believe that's a big part of why Apple lost the Big OS War back when GI Joe was a Saturday morning cartoon. So why make the same mistake twice?

There's a question here, of if we liked the stock iPhone before, why not now? First off, the verdict was based on the future value of the iPhone once Apple had fixed a lot of the quirks that resulted our "wait" verdict. Right now, it seems like Apple isn't going to innovate that much, since much of our list of what needed to be patched is still unfulfilled. And even worse, they're not allowing others to help

<snip>