Interesting People mailing list archives

Re: fingerprinting in Japan

From: David Farber <dfarber () cs cmu edu>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 15:27:55 -0500

Begin forwarded message:

From: Jonathan Weinberg <weinberg () msen com>
Date: November 22, 2007 9:48:45 AM EST
To: dave () farber net
Cc: ip () v2 listbox com
Subject: Re: [IP] Re:   fingerprinting in Japan

The Japanese program is slightly broader than the U.S. one; the U.S. fingerprinting requirements don't apply to permanent residents (or to most Canadians, or to Mexicans with border crossing cards). But as Gavin states, the broad sweep of the programs is the same -- and the U.S. program was first.

Jon

Jonathan Weinberg
Professor of Law, Wayne State University
weinberg () wayne edu