Interesting People mailing list archives

IP'ers & Words & Views

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 08:44:13 -0500

Begin forwarded message:

From: Frode Hegland <frode () hyperwords net>
Date: November 6, 2007 8:18:26 AM EST
To: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Subject: IP'ers & Words & Views

Dave,
the Hyperwords system grew from a goal of making words more interactive, to help knowledge workers deal with the staggering information overload knowledge we all face every day, based on, and with cooperation with Doug Engelbart.

Furthering this pursuit we are now working on letting users change the view of the web pages they are reading. We call this Views (Beta) and it is available from http://www.hyperwords.net (use Firefox and click 'Activate Hyperwords'. If anyone is not familiar with Hyperwords and would like to be, please look at the short video demonstration at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXxJMjujjMo Hyperwords is, as it always has been, free.)

   So the question that we ask IP'ers is:

    •  How would you like to interact with the words on the web?

    •  How would you like to change the views of pages on the fly
        to make it more readable as well as more glanceable (in many
       ways opposing goals of course)?

Any and all suggestions, comments and philosophical positions will be be taken very seriously and gratefully received.

This is a chance to change how you can interact with the web. Tell us how!

Frode Hegland
The Hyperwords Company
www.hyperwords.net