Interesting People mailing list archives

DST Irony

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2007 02:55:51 -0500

Begin forwarded message:

From: Kevin Marks <kevinmarks () mac com>
Date: March 9, 2007 2:53:49 AM EST
To: dave () farber net
Subject: DST Irony

DST irony:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kiad/413460966/

So, I am the best DST project manager ever. I made a meeting in outlook to organise the War Room meeting in case something happens during the new earlier Daylight Saving Time change. So I organised a meeting to span from 11pm (2pm EST) on Saturday through 3:30pm PST on Sunday to have people available during the changeover, However, No one can open or accept my meeting because outlook smartly says "Can't open this item. This time is not valid due to daylight saving time."

best DST ever.

We're all Doomed.

See also http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=307

Archives: http://v2.listbox.com/member/archive/247/@now