Interesting People mailing list archives

Capitol Police abuse of power upon leaving a Congressional hearing on FBI abuses of our civil liberties

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 11:05:00 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Shannon McElyea <shannonm () gmail com>
Date: March 27, 2007 11:00:49 AM EDT
To: David Farber <dave () farber net>, "'Dewayne Hendricks'" <dewayne () warpspeed com> Subject: Capitol Police abuse of power upon leaving a Congressional hearing on FBI abuses of our civil liberties

Ann Wright asks: "...Who runs the US Congress? The Congress or the Capitol
Police? ..."

Why a Congressman Paid the Fine for My Arrest in Congress

  By Ann Wright
    t r u t h o u t | Guest Contributor

    Monday 26 March 2007

What irony! I was arrested last week in a Capitol Police abuse of power upon leaving a Congressional hearing on FBI abuses of our civil liberties.

<snip>

http://www.truthout.org/docs_2006/032607B.shtml

Ann Wright is a 29-year US Army veteran who retired as a colonel. She
also spent 16 years in the US diplomatic corps in Grenada, Nicaragua,
Somalia, Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan, Sierra Leone, Micronesia and Mongolia. She
was on the first team into Kabul, Afghanistan, to reopen the US Embassy
there in December 2001. She was one of three US diplomats who resigned in
March 2003 in opposition to the war in Iraq.

Archives: http://v2.listbox.com/member/archive/247/@now