Interesting People mailing list archives

This Is Your Brain On Politics

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 11:19:26 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: dewayne () warpspeed com (Dewayne Hendricks)
Date: June 28, 2007 6:20:20 PM EDT
To: Dewayne-Net Technology List <xyzzy () warpspeed com>
Subject: [Dewayne-Net] This Is Your Brain On Politics

[Note:  This item comes from reader Mike Cheponis.  DLH]

From: Mike Cheponis <mac () Wireless Com>
Date: June 28, 2007 2:32:54 PM PDT
To: Dewayne Hendricks <dewayne () warpspeed com>
Subject: damn good, will demos get it this time/

This Is Your Brain On Politics

Ever wonder why fear-mongering seems to work so well at the polls— while appeals to reason often leave the electorate cold? A new book applies neuroscience to politics to figure out why the Democrats struggle to push the buttons in voters’ brains.

<http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19461257/site/newsweek/page/0/>

Damn! If demos could talk that THAT it would be a 99 to 1 lopsided victory...

I think this is the MOST important finding I've read concerning how candidates need to talk to the electorate.