Interesting People mailing list archives

public.resource.org]

From: "David Farber" <dave () farber net>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 21:23:08 -0400 (EDT)

Subject: public.resource.org
From:    "Carl Malamud" <carl () media org>
Date:    Wed, June 6, 2007 6:42 pm
To:      dave () farber net

Hi Dave -

Wanted to let you know that Marshall T. Rose and myself have
formed a new nonprofit called public.resource.org.  Our mission
is the creation of public works projects on the net and our
initial focus is improving communication between the
federal government and people.  Our board includes Hal Varian
and Randy Bush, both names that are probably well known to
your readers.  We'll be moving into our new offices at
O'Reilly Media in Sebastopol shortly.

To kick things off, we've released a few sites people might
be interested in:

1. Per Lessig's agreement with CNN, we've uploaded both
Presidential Debates to the Internet Archive:
http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=subject:%22Presidential%20Debate%22

2. We've created some images based on the Smithsonian
Images site:
http://public.resource.org/memo.2007.05.19.html
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=10451425

3. There is a mirror of NTIS.Gov which has gone on-line:
http://store.prostores.com/publicresourceorg

Best regards,

Carl