Interesting People mailing list archives

Waiting for iPhone 2.0

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2007 06:41:44 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Dan Gillmor <dan () gillmor com>
Date: July 8, 2007 4:52:40 AM EDT
To: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Subject: Waiting for iPhone 2.0

Dave, I did a piece for the new WSJ All Things Digital site:

http://voices.allthingsd.com/20070706/waiting-for-iphone-20/

"I’ll consider it only when Apple starts selling it in Europe or Asia with 3G capabilities; when I can install a SIM chip from the GSM/3G carrier of my choice; when the software is significantly upgraded; and when third parties can give me the features I want, as opposed to solely the ones Apple thinks
are good for me.

"That sounds like iPhone 2.0, at the earliest. For now, the initial product
doesn’t come close to living up to the hype."

Dan