Interesting People mailing list archives

Nokia Releases Skype, Flash 9, 8GB SD N800 Internet Tablet 2007 Update

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2007 08:48:42 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: dewayne () warpspeed com (Dewayne Hendricks)
Date: July 6, 2007 8:42:14 PM EDT
To: Dewayne-Net List Technology <xyzzy () warpspeed com>
Subject: [Dewayne-Net] Nokia Releases Skype, Flash 9, 8GB SD N800 Internet Tablet 2007 Update

Nokia Releases Skype, Flash 9, 8GB SD N800 Internet Tablet 2007 Update

See: <okia-releases- skype-flash-9-8gb-sd-internet-tablet-2007-update/>.

Back in January, when the iPhone was announced, I took a close look and decided that it wasn't for me. I've posted my rational for this on this list in the past, so I won't repeat again. At the same time as the iPhone announcement, Nokia announced the N800 Internet Tablet. It had the features that I wanted in a mobile Net platform, so I ordered one and had it in a few days. One of the things that I've been waiting for to complete the package was Skype support. Today that wait was over. I've now updated my N800 firmware and have Skype installed. Everything is working just fine. I'm now able to run both Skype and Gizmo at the same time. My objectives for obtaining the N800 instead of the iPhone have now been achieved. Not as slick as the iPhone, but its open and gets the job done.

-- Dewayne