Interesting People mailing list archives

Re: bs warns of missing features in knokoff iPhones YES I KNOW AND KNEW

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 19:20:46 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Mark Boolootian <booloo () ucsc edu>
Date: July 5, 2007 7:15:05 PM EDT
To: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Subject: Re: [IP] Jobs warns of missing features in knokoff iPhones

Someone is pulling your chain.  You caught one of them:

 I love the term trusted network -- ATT and NSA  djf

but there were so many more:

     * myPhones dont forbid VoIP software that may cause the user to
accidentally make calls over wireless internet connections instead
     of the AT&T network.

     * The iPhone saves the user from receiving distracting instant
     messages over popular IM services, adding calm to your day.

     * The iPhone assures users will only play media files in approved
     formats, and not risky open source formats.

etc.  Someone is having fun...