Interesting People mailing list archives

survey on Evaluation of Internet Self Regulation

From: "David Farber" <dave () farber net>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 11:39:03 -0400 (EDT)

Subject: survey on Evaluation of Internet Self Regulation
From:    "Adam Peake" <ajp () glocom ac jp>
Date:    Tue, July 17, 2007 12:46 am
To:      dave () farber net

Dave,

Could you forward to IP

I'm working with RAND Europe and others on a project for the European
Commission on the efficacy of self- and co-regulation in various
online sectors, we're looking at organisations such as ICANN, W3C,
ICRA, creative commons and more.

We'd be grateful if IP list members could take a short (10 minutes)
online survey that's part of the project:

<http://web3.rand.org/resurvey/TakeSurvey.asp?SurveyID=3JK663L0368KG>

Note that you do not need to fill in all the questions - you can
simply press "Next" to skip pages where you need to.

Our assessment will cover self-regulatory organisations' efficiency,
effectiveness and sustainability in order to identify conditions
under which such institutional arrangements can best stimulate
innovation without compromising safety, security and fundamental
rights. The ultimate aim is to support EC efforts to further these
objectives by initiating and/or mediating self- and co-regulation.

The evaluation will be based on documentary, quantitative, elite
interview and electronic survey evidence, analyzed within a logical
framework reflecting existing knowledge of the evolution of self-/co-
regulation. The findings and recommendations will be validated by
means of a key stakeholder workshop and reported in a form suitable
for wide dissemination and discussion.

Many thanks,

Adam