Interesting People mailing list archives

border crossing stories wanted

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 05:31:14 -0500

Begin forwarded message:

From: Cindy Cohn <cindy () eff org>
Date: January 25, 2007 9:23:42 PM EST
To: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Subject: FOR IP: border crossing stories wanted

Hi Dave,

EFF is collecting stories from people who have had some trouble at the U.S. border and I'm hoping you'll be willing to forward this to the IP list, since I know that several people have written about their experiences in the past.

We have some ideas for putting pressure on the government around the ATS scoring system but we need a sampling of actual experiences to help us flesh it out. We're looking for both U.S. citizen and non- U.S. citizen stories, but they must be about crossing the U.S. border.

Below is the blurb.

Thanks,

Cindy

* Having Trouble at the Border? EFF Wants Your Stories

Have you had any difficulties entering or leaving the
United States? If so, EFF would like to hear from you.

After focusing attention on the Department of Homeland
Security's secret Automated Targeting System (ATS), we're
keen to uncover and document its effect on the law-abiding
public. We're interested in hearing from any travelers who
have had repeated problems at the border or have been told
by government agents that they are on a "list" or that
there is some unexplained "problem" that needs to be
resolved.

Please share your story with us by writing travel () eff org
and providing as much detail as possible. We will treat all

Cindy Cohn                              ---- Cindy () eff org
Legal Director                  ---- www.eff.org
Electronic Frontier Foundation
454 Shotwell Street