Interesting People mailing list archives

Re: "An Inconvenient Truth" free DVDs

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 13:54:38 -0500

Begin forwarded message:

From: "D.H. van der Woude" <dirkvanderwoude () gmail com>
Date: January 16, 2007 11:56:58 AM EST
To: dave () farber net
Subject: Re: [IP] "An Inconvenient Truth" free DVDs

Well, just to take notice, apparantly a lot of people
do not want to wait. Of course I do not support
unlegal downloading, however this the way
things go nowadays.

http://isohunt.com/torrents/%22An+Inconvenient+Truth%22? ihp=1&iht=-1&ihs1=6&iho1=a

Begin forwarded message:

From: Rod Van Meter < rdv () tera ics keio ac jp>
Date: January 15, 2007 8:04:48 PM EST
To: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Subject: "An Inconvenient Truth" free DVDs

Dave, for IP if you wish...

We discussed "An Inconvenient Truth" a while back, including the
National Science Teacher's Association's refusal to send 50,000 free
copies of the DVD to its members.

Back then I expressed the hope that the film's producers would find a
way to distribute the film without the NSTA, if they were more
interested in getting it out than establishing themselves as some sort
of martyrs.

Well, teachers can now apply for a copy at
http://www.participate.net/educators/DVD/giveaway
It's being presented as a "sweepstakes", and as such residents of AZ,
NY, FL, RI and Puerto Rico apparently aren't eligible.

The good news is that you don't have to be a science teacher to enter,
but you do have to be a teacher at a school with a tax ID.  The bad news
is that you have to hurry!  The sweepstakes ends January 18.

                --Rod