Interesting People mailing list archives

IPv6 cases sought

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2007 06:00:59 -0500

Begin forwarded message:

From: Erik Huizer <huizer () cs uu nl>
Date: February 5, 2007 3:46:36 AM EST
To: dave () farber net
Subject: IPv6 cases sought

Dave,

Maybe you want to consider distributing this over your IP-list.

Thanks,
Erik Huizer

Dave,

We all know that incentives to implement IPv6 are few and far between. To investigate if we there is a solid case for IPv6 at all, the Dutch IPv6 Task Force (which I chair) has embarked on a study of real-life IPv6 implementations. If we succeed in getting a good overview it will help to facilitate strategic management investment decisions in IPv6.

The result of this study will be a brief report with case studies
describing business cases, urgency, generic project plans and lessons
and benefits learned from real implementations (if any).

I am seeking your help in identifying organisations which are willing to
have interviews (e-mail or phone) on their IPv6 plans and migrations.
Specifically we are looking for organisations with a (commercial)
businesscase, i.e. who are not doing it just for the research or
demonstration value.

They will be contacted by Peter van Eijk who is doing the actual study.

Your collaboration is truly appreciated, and we will be happy to share
the results with you.

Feel free to forward this entire message.

Thanks,
Erik

prof. dr. Erik Huizer
Internet Applications
Department of Information & Computing Sciences
University Utrecht
The Netherlands

Archives: http://archives.listbox.com/247/