Interesting People mailing list archives

broadband connections

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2007 08:17:09 +0900

I case you wondered how come I did not have the answer considering I was at the FCC, I wanted to get people to focus on what they get when they connect to current broadband. Too many IPers seem to think they get a real X meg pipe when they subscribe to a X meg service, It should now be clear that you do NOT -- you get a max or something . You share with others and if they are very heavy users you might get poor service d or at least everyone gets lowered delivery.

Dave

Archives: http://v2.listbox.com/member/archive/247/@now