Interesting People mailing list archives

corporate self-interest (wasRe: more on I don't like the logic. -- Google turning search data over to Brazil court)

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2006 21:00:50 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: "RJR RJRiley.com" <RJR () RJRILEY com>
Date: September 6, 2006 7:54:58 AM EDT
To: dave () farber net
Subject: FW: corporate self-interest (wasRe: [IP] more on I don't like the logic. -- Google turning search data over to Brazil court)

-----Original Message-----
From: RJR RJRiley.com [mailto:RJR () RJRILEY com]
Sent: Monday, September 04, 2006 6:49 PM
To: 'dave () farber net'
Subject: RE: corporate self-interest (wasRe: [IP] more on I don't like the
logic. -- Google turning search data over to Brazil court)

Dave for IP if you wish.

From: "RJR RJRiley.com" <RJR () RJRILEY com>

In our industry we have long recognized that Google is likely to turn
out to be just as bad as Microsoft.

<<From: John Kemp <john.kemp () mac com>
What does it actually mean that Microsoft has been "bad"? >>

Both Google and Microsoft (and others) have a huge appetite for others
intellectual property and neither seems to have a problem with brutalizing and bankrupting the owners of intellectual property to improve their bottom line. Microsoft has a rather long history of pirating others intellectual property. Google's history is shorter but they seem to me to be on the same
path.

Both have a legislative agenda to tip the balance of the patent system in favor of vested interests like themselves. This will be at the expense of individual inventors and their small companies who are and always have been
the source  of the bulk of breakthrough inventions.

I will try to get time to publish a list of companies who are members of the Coalition for Patent Fairness, aka. The Coalition for Patent Piracy. The
Coalition's idea of "fair" is being able to take others property for
virtually nothing.

Ronald J Riley, Exec. Dir.              Ronald J Riley, President
InventorEd, Inc. Professional Inventors Alliance

www.InventorEd.org                      www.PIAUSA.org
RJR"at"InvEd.org                           RJR"at"PIAUSA.org
Change "at" to @                           Change "at" to @

RJR Direct # (202) 318-1595