Interesting People mailing list archives

Pew Internet report on the future of the internet

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 10:01:33 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Lee Rainie <lrainie () psra com>
Date: September 27, 2006 9:50:11 AM EDT
To: farber () cis upenn edu
Subject: Pew Internet report on the future of the internet

We wanted to let you know that the Pew Internet & American Life Project and Elon University have just released its report about the future of the internet that was based on the survey you were invited to take last year. Virtually all of those who completed the survey and allowed the use of their names have been quoted in the report. In addition, we were grateful to those who suggested things that Pew Internet and Elon might research in the future.

The report is available from the Pew Internet site: http:// www.pewinternet.org/

And an extensive database of predictions and other material about the future of the internet has been assembled at a site at Elon: http:// www.elon.edu/predictions/.

We plan to continue these kinds of surveys, so you’ll be getting another invitation from us in the months to come. We’ve heard from policy makers, journalists, technologists, and active citizens that they appreciate these findings and the thousands of comments that respondents have generously shared with us.

Thanks very much,
Lee Rainie
Director
Pew Internet & American Life Project
lrainie () pewinternet org

Prof. Janna Quitney Anderson
Elon Unversity, School of Communications
andersj () elon edu