Interesting People mailing list archives

more on I don't like the logic. -- Google turning search data over to Brazil court

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2006 08:28:44 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: "RJR RJRiley.com" <RJR () RJRILEY com>
Date: September 2, 2006 7:47:22 PM EDT
To: dave () farber net
Subject: RE: [IP] more on I don't like the logic. -- Google turning search data over to Brazil court

 For IP if you wish.

-----Original Message-----
From: David Farber [mailto:dave () farber net]
Sent: Saturday, September 02, 2006 6:26 PM
To: ip () v2 listbox com
Subject: [IP] more on I don't like the logic. -- Google turning search data
over to Brazil court

Begin forwarded message:

From: "A.Lizard" <alizard () ecis com>
Date: September 2, 2006 6:17:22 PM EDT
To: dave () farber net
Subject: Re: I don't like the logic. -- Google turning search data over to
Brazil court

<<A company motto that excites derisive and cynical laughter from every
informed person who sees it can't be considered a positive any more, and "Do no evil" is no more appropriate for google than it would be for Microsoft at this point. It probably really isn't appropriate for *any* publically traded
company.>>

In our industry we have long recognized that Google is likely to turn out to
be just as bad as Microsoft.  Virtually any wildly successful company
becomes very arrogant over time. What companies say for public consumption
and what they do behind the scenes are often in conflict.  Greed and
arrogance bring out the worst in people.

Ronald J Riley, Exec. Dir.               Ronald J Riley, President
InventorEd, Inc. Professional Inventors Alliance

www.InventorEd.org                      www.PIAUSA.org
RJR"at"InvEd.org                           RJR"at"PIAUSA.org
Change "at" to @                           Change "at" to @

RJR Direct # (202) 318-1595