Interesting People mailing list archives

Question for IP

From: "David Farber" <dave () farber net>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 03:53:51 -0400 (EDT)

--- original message ---
From: "Chris Beck" <cbeck () pacanukeha net>
Subject: Question for IP
Date: 20th September 2006
Time: 4:48:32 am

--- Begin Message --- From: Chris Beck <cbeck () pacanukeha net>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 22:40:42 -0400
Hi Dave,
I was wondering if I could ask the collective wisdom a question.  I've googled
it to death but I am obviously using the wrong keywords.

There is a concept related to discussion framing called, I believe, "shifting."
 It is a political technique where an agent attempts to redefine or shift what
is commonly believed to be the centre of an issue-axis in stepwise fashion.  The
context that I saw it used in was in public vs private education where small
incremental shifts in public attitude were used to normalize the idea of school
vouchers in a community where previously vouchers had been viewed as an extreme
option.

Apologies in advance if you don't feel that this would be a good use of
bandwidth and an abuse of your goodwill.

Cheers,
Chris
--
Christopher Beck  -  http://pacanukeha.wordpress.com
The sad fact is that "national security" has become the root password to

--- End Message ---