Interesting People mailing list archives

more on "Trapped in the War on Terror" by Ian Lustick

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 06:26:03 -0500

Begin forwarded message:

From: Brock N Meeks <bmeeks () cox net>
Date: November 8, 2006 9:04:39 PM EST
To: Ted Kircher <tkircher () comcast net>
Cc: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Subject: Re: [IP] more on "Trapped in the War on Terror" by Ian Lustick

Well, on the point of the economic consequences, I'm in total agreement.

When I was covering homeland security I distinctly remember one of the early bin Laden tapes talked about how one of the goals of 9/11 was to bleed the U.S. dry (my phrase) economically. It was, to me at the time, a bracing revelation.